2016 journal article

Predicting Sources of Dissolved Organic Nitrogen to an Estuary from an Agro-Urban Coastal Watershed

Environmental Science & Technology, 50(16), 8473–8484.

By: C. Osburn n, L. Handsel n, B. Peierls* & H. Paerl*

MeSH headings : Agriculture; Ecosystem; Estuaries; Nitrogen / analysis; Rivers; Water Quality
TL;DR: Application of FluorMod to surface waters of streams within the Neuse River Basin showed that while >70% of DON was attributed to natural sources, nonpoint sources, such as soil and poultry litter leachates and street runoff, accounted for the remaining 30%. (via Semantic Scholar)
UN Sustainable Development Goal Categories
13. Climate Action (Web of Science)
Sources: Web Of Science, ORCID, Crossref
Added: August 6, 2018

2014 journal article

Optical and chemical characterization of base-extracted particulate organic matter in coastal marine environments

MARINE CHEMISTRY, 162, 96–113.

By: A. Brym n, H. Paerl*, M. Montgomery*, L. Handsel n, K. Ziervogel* & C. Osburn n

author keywords: POM; Absorption; Fluorescence; PARAFAC; Carbon stable isotopes
UN Sustainable Development Goal Categories
13. Climate Action (Web of Science)
14. Life Below Water (OpenAlex)
Sources: Web Of Science, ORCID
Added: August 6, 2018

2012 journal article

Fluorescence Tracking of Dissolved and Particulate Organic Matter Quality in a River-Dominated Estuary

Environmental Science & Technology, 46(16), 8628–8636.

By: C. Osburn n, L. Handsel*, M. Mikan n, H. Paerl & M. Montgomery*

MeSH headings : Estuaries; Factor Analysis, Statistical; Fluorescence; Organic Chemicals / analysis; Particle Size; Rivers; Solubility
TL;DR: Modeling base-extracted particulate and dissolved organic matter quality in the Neuse River Estuary before and after passage of Hurricane Irene indicated that advection of pore water DOM from surface sediments into overlying waters could increase the autochthonous quality of DOM in shallow microtidal estuaries. (via Semantic Scholar)
UN Sustainable Development Goal Categories
13. Climate Action (Web of Science)
14. Life Below Water (OpenAlex)
Sources: Web Of Science, ORCID, Crossref
Added: August 6, 2018

Citation Index includes data from a number of different sources. If you have questions about the sources of data in the Citation Index or need a set of data which is free to re-distribute, please contact us.

Certain data included herein are derived from the Web of Science© and InCites© (2024) of Clarivate Analytics. All rights reserved. You may not copy or re-distribute this material in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Clarivate Analytics.